the office or on the go, printing to this MFP is simple and direct – even without a network – using Ethernet, wireless options or touch-to-print technology.[1, 2, 3]
Print how and where you want: easily send print jobs wirelessly without a network.
Enable touch-to-print convenience from mobile devices.
Easily print from smartphone, tablets and notebooks at work, home, or on-the-go; with HP’s first Mopria-certified MFP.
Share all your printer has to offer – set up, print, and share with Ethernet and wireless connectivity.
Capture scans in a single pass and send them quickly to their next destination – email, network folders or the cloud. Help boost productivity with fast, secure sign-on and advanced processing, routing and retrieval tools.
Save time and get more done much faster: scan two-sided documents in a single pass, with no missed pages or flipping pages.
Control access to walk-up features and easily look up network email addresses, using LDAP connectivity.
Scan and send; it’s simple. Capture and route digital files directly to the Cloud, email, or network folders.
Make copying and scanning more hands free with a 50-page automatic document feeder and automatic two-sided printing. Let your fingers fly through tasks at the touchscreen. The easy-access USB makes it simple to walk up and print.
Save time and help reduce paper costs, using automatic two-sided printing.
Work smarter – access content and print from the Cloud using business apps on the control panel. Quickly launch tasks from the 8.9 cm colour touchscreen.
Finish projects fast: use the 50-page automatic document feeder to save time.
Just walk up to this MFP and print from or scan to your USB drive, using the easy-access USB port.
-  Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See http://www.hp.com/go/businessmobileprinting for more details. Mopria-certified devices adhere to a common standard that enables easy mobile printing with little or no set up. Mopria is a mobile printing standard that enables easy mobile printing between Mopria certified printers and mobile device – without the need for a special app or software. Learn more at http://www.mopria.org.
-  Wireless direct printing is available only on the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476nw and M476dw. Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the WiFi network of a wireless direct-capable printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from the access point in the printer.
-  Touch-to-print capability is available only on the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw. Mobile device must support near field communications–enabled printing. For a list of supported devices, see http://www.hp.com/go/businessmobileprinting.
-  Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, see http://www.hpconnected.com.
-  Automatic two-sided printing is not available on the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476nw.
Technical detailsHP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 series (1.6MB)
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows full software installs supported on: Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac full software installs: Mac OS X v10.6 Leopard, v10.7 Lion, v10.8 Mountain Lion, v10.9 Mavericks
Mobile OS native print support: iOS, Android, Windows 8 RT, Windows 10 Mobile. Other OSs driver support: Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer), HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
|Operating system (supported note)||For Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) and 2008 (32-bit & 64-bit), only the printer driver and scanner driver are installed.|
|Compatible network operating systems||HP-UX 10.20, 11.x, 11.i
IBM® AIX 3.2.5 or higher
OS X v10.7 Lion
OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion
OS X v10.9 Mavericks
Citrix® MetaFrame Server
Novell 5.1 or higher
RED HAT Linux 7.x or higher
Solaris® 2.5 or higher (SPARC systems only)
SUSE Linux 8.x or higher
Windows 2003 SP2+ 64-bit
Windows Server 2003 SP2+
Windows Terminal Services
Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows Vista Ready
Windows XP SP3+ 64-bit
Windows XP SP3+ Home
Windows XP SP3+ Home
Windows XP SP3+ Professional
Windows XP SP3+ Professional and Windows Vista
Windows 7 SP1 or greater (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
|Copier smart software features||Instant-on copy
up to 99 multiple copies
Scan once print many
Reduce/enlarge from 25 to 400% (with page size presets)
Fit to page
Customisable copy presets (two or four pages to one page)
Resolution (copy quality)
Network protocols supported
Optimise copy selection (with presets: autoselect, mixed, printed picture, photograph, text)
|Energy savings feature technology||HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology
|Fax smart software features||Permanent fax memory backup, auto fax reduction, auto redialling, fax forwarding, TAM interface, polling, junk barrier, distinctive ring detection, cover page wizard, block fax, billing codes, save and load, poll receive, fax activity reports, dial prefix setting, print fax log|
|Printer smart software features||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mopria certified, HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Intuitive 8.9 cm touchscreen control panel, Print from Cloud using business apps on the control panel, Print from USB|
|Scanner advanced features||Scan to e-mail, scan to cloud, scan to USB, scan to network folder, LDAP e-mail lookup|
|Processor speed||800 MHz|
|Functions||Print, copy, scan, fax|
|Automatic paper sensor||No|
|Direct print supported||Front-facing USB printing|
|Duplex printing||Automatic (standard)|
|Duty cycle (monthly, A4)||Up to 40000 pages|
|Recommended monthly page volume||1000 to 2500|
|Paper trays, maximum||3|
|Paper trays, standard||2|
|Print languages||HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, PCLm PDF, URF|
|Printer management||HP Web Jetadmin
HP Utility (Mac)
HP Imaging & Printing Security Center
|Fonts and typefaces||84 scalable TrueType fonts|
|Recommended monthly page volume note||HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Duty cycle note||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|